Let’s face it, most of us dread having to schedule a major car service because of the time and money it takes. So we keep postponing it another month, or two, or three, in hopes that we will have a little left in the budget to cover the cost. The problem is that we can end up requiring a major car repair, which will cost much more than if we had taken care of the car service in the first place. Even though your car won’t look any different after spending several hundred dollars, it will definitely run more efficiently.
So what’s included in a major car service? Take a look below:
- Motor oil: Black dirty oil is replaced with clean oil.
- Filters: Oil, air, fuel, and pollen filters are all replaced.
- Spark plugs: Replaced to maximize fuel economy.
- Brakes: Inspected, cleaned and adjusted if necessary.
- Fluids flushed and changed: Transmission, clutch, brake, power steering and coolant fluids are all flushed and replaced.
- Road test: Picks up problems that can’t be detected easily just by inspecting the engine.
- Safety inspection: You will have confidence in your car.
- Battery: Tested to make it is still taking a charge. Otherwise, a new battery may be recommended.
- Other checks: Gearbox, transfer case, differential oil, shocks and/or struts, radiator, wiper blades, lights, and anything else your mechanic can see or touch.
There are two BIG benefits of up keeping up with major car service:
- You can find out what is starting to wear out, what needs replacing right away or what can wait, and what’s looking great.
- You can drive your car with confidence, knowing that you have a reliable and safe source of transportation.
If you need to know more about what’s included in a major car service, contact our ASE Certified technicians at theWrench, Ltd. Car Care Center for more information about our maintenance and car repair services and to schedule an appointment. Our auto shop proudly serves residents in Silverdale, WA, and the surrounding area.