Many vehicle owners cringe when they hear the words, “automotive repair.” How do you know if you are getting the best automotive service possible when you take your vehicle to your favorite auto shop? Most vehicle owners are aware that technicians change oil, repair tires and inspect brakes, but are you aware of the extent of the training and knowledge that technicians acquire in helping you take care of your vehicle?
Take a moment to consider the typical work performed by a certified automotive repair technician. In doing so, you can have confidence in knowing that your vehicle will be well taken care of! Certified automotive repair technicians . . .
- Use specialized diagnostic equipment to pinpoint existing or pending problems so that repairs and maintenance are done right the first time.
- Know maintenance checklists to ensure that all critical parts of your vehicle are thoroughly inspected on a regular basis so they can be maintained appropriately.
- Recommend and perform preventative vehicle maintenance at the right intervals.
- Repair or replace worn-out parts.
- Disassemble, clean, and reassemble major vehicle parts.
- Know how to explain to customers in easy-to-understand terms their vehicle problems, the automotive repair needed, as well as the cost and time required.
Because the electronic systems in today’s modern vehicles are controlled primarily by computers, it is vital that all auto technicians receive specialized training. Plus, technicians are becoming more and more knowledgeable about vehicles that run on alternative fuels, such as ethanol and electricity.
Let your certified automotive service technician take care of your vehicle so that you are driving as safely as possible!
So what does an automotive service technician do? Contact our ASE Certified technicians at theWrench, Ltd. Car Care Center today for more information about our automotive repair services and to schedule an appointment. Our auto shop proudly serves residents in Silverdale, WA, and the surrounding area.